Sustainability You Can See
Green isn’t just our color, it’s our commitment. Our mission challenges us to be responsible citizens and meet today’s needs while being careful not to compromise what’s essential for tomorrow. We constantly examine our own processes in stores, warehouses, and offices, looking to improve the way we do things. But you might be wondering, what exactly have we done? How is Publix going green?
- 29,000 kWh saved annually per store by using high-efficiency fan motors in back room freezers.
- Up to 136,000 kWh saved annually per store by putting doors on traditionally open refrigerated cases.
- Training our front-service clerks on proper bagging techniques.
- Bag reduction goals for every store.
- Encouraging the use of reusable bags.
Forty-four million reusable bags have been distributed since 2007. Head over to our sustainability site to see how many paper and plastic bags have been saved.
Not only can you love shopping at Publix, you can feel good about it, too. Visit our digital storefront to learn even more about how there’s good in every aisle.