Aprons Simple Meals
Need a Meal for Tonight?
Patty Melt Pizza
– 1 Bakery pizza crust dough (15–16 oz)
– 3/4 lb ground beef
– 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
– 1/4 teaspoon pepper
– 2 medium onions, thinly sliced
– 1/4 cup steak sauce
– 2 tablespoons butter
– 1 teaspoon caraway seeds
– 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
– 1/3 cup shredded Italian six-cheese blend
– 1/3 cup Thousand Island dressing
– 7 thin slices reduced-fat sharp cheddar cheese
- Remove dough from refrigerator and let stand 1 hour (do not remove from bag until stand time completed).
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Preheat large sauté pan on medium-high 2–3 minutes. Add ground beef, seasoned salt, and pepper; brown 5–7 minutes, stirring to crumble meat, or until no pink remains. Meanwhile, slice onions. Stir steak sauce into meat; remove meat from pan.
- Place butter in same pan, then add onions, caraway seeds, and Worcestershire sauce; cook 8–10 minutes or until soft and well browned.
- Flour hands lightly and pat dough evenly into lightly greased or nonstick pizza pan. (Or turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface and roll to desired thinness.)
- Combine shredded cheese and dressing; spread over crust. Arrange meat over dressing; spread onions over meat. Top with cheddar cheese and return to oven; bake 18–20 minutes or until cheese melts. Slice pizza and serve.
NOTE: Want to save time? Check your Publix Bakery for prerolled pizza dough. No stand time or rolling required; just place dough in pan. For optimum results, prebake crust 10–12 minutes. Add toppings and reduce final bake time to 7–10 more minutes.
CALORIES (per 1/8 recipe) 350kcal; FAT 16.00g; SAT FAT 6.00g; TRANS FAT 0.00g; CHOL 45mg; SODIUM 730mg; CARB 33g; FIBER 1.00g; SUGARS 7g; PROTEIN 17g; CALC 10%; VIT A 8%; VIT C 2%; IRON 15%