Aprons Simple Meals
Need a Meal for Tonight?
Shrimp Scampi with Roasted Peppers and Spinach
– 3 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
– 1 cup roasted red peppers, finely chopped
– 1 oz Deli Parmesan cheese, finely grated
– 8 oz linguine pasta
– 2 tablespoons olive oil
– 12 oz peeled/deveined shrimp, thawed
– 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
– 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
– 1/2 teaspoon pepper, divided
– 1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth (or stock)
– 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
– 5 oz baby spinach leaves (about 4 cups)
- Bring water to boil for pasta.
- Slice garlic. Chop peppers.
- Grate cheese (1/3 cup).
- Cook and drain pasta following package instructions.
- Preheat large sauté pan on medium 1–2 minutes. Place oil and garlic in pan; cook 3–4 minutes or until the garlic edges begin to turn golden.
- Add peppers, shrimp, pepper flakes, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper; cook and stir 1 minute.
- Add broth; cook 2–3 minutes or until reduced by about one-half and shrimp have just turned pink and opaque.
- Reduce heat to low; stir in butter, spinach, cheese, pasta, and remaining 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper. Toss until butter and cheese melts and spinach wilts. Serve.
CALORIES (per 1/4 recipe) 510kcal; FAT 20.00g; SAT FAT 8.00g; TRANS FAT 0.00g; CHOL 160mg; SODIUM 610mg; CARB 50g; FIBER 3.00g; SUGARS 3g; PROTEIN 26g; CALC 15%; VIT A 100%; VIT C 90%; IRON 35%